Arts & Entertainment
Graphic and Interactive Design Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
Program Overview with Course Requirements
Turn on a computer, look through a magazine, watch television or play a video game and you will see the creative artistry of a graphic designer. Combining the fundamentals of good design with proficiency in new computer and multimedia technologies, talented graphic designers are in more demand than ever. Valencia' A.S. degree program in Graphics and Interactive Design prepares graduates for careers in print/advertising design or Web/interactive design, giving them the skills they need and insight from real-world designers. Graduates have landed jobs in design studios, advertising agencies, printing companies, Web design firms, interactive design companies and other highly creative environments.
Students may choose to specialize in two areas: Graphic Design or Interactive Design
These certificate programs are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or to upgrade your skills for job advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less, and all of the certificate courses can be applied toward the A.S. degree which will help improve your earning potential.
The required courses for these certificates are included in the Graphics Technology Program Guide link at the top of the page.
- Graphic Design Production (24 credits)
- Graphic Design Support (15 credits)
- Graphics - Interactive Design Production (24 credits)
- Graphics - Interactive Design Support (15 credits)
Alternative Ways to Earn Credit
- Credit for Industry Certifications: You may be eligible to receive college credit toward this program if you have earned an approved industry certification.To view the list of approved industry certifications and potential credits, visit
Industry Certification Agreements.
- Credit for Tech Center Programs: You may be eligible to receive college credit towards this program if you have completed one of the approved tech center programs. To view the list of approved programs and potential credits, visit
Tech Center Agreements.
Potential Careers and Employers
- Careers: Graphic Designers/Artists or Multimedia Designers/Artists, Interactive Media Specialists, Illustrators or CD Rom Developers, Web Designers or Production Artists
- Employers: Career opportunities are available with advertising agencies, publishing companies, marketing or public relations firms and the printing industry. There are also many free lance opportunities.
Placement Rate and Salary Information
For the number employed, percent employed, and estimated average annual full-time wages of students who have graduated from Valencia's program, visit