Network Engineering Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
Program Overview with Course Requirements
The need for networking specialists continues to grow. And an A.S. Degree from Valencia can put you in the perfect position to join the ranks of these respected professionals. Our Network Engineering Technology program prepares you for careers in network engineering technology and IP Communications. Graduates will be qualified for exciting technological roles in network design, infrastructure, installation, security and maintenance; inter-network communications and connectivity; network monitoring and administration, and digital forensics and incident response.
You can also choose to specialize in three different areas: Cisco Routing & Switching, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics or Microsoft Systems Administration.
These certificate programs are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or to upgrade your skills for job advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less, and all of the certificate courses can be applied toward the A.S. degree which will help improve your earning potential.
The required courses for these certificates are included in the Computer Engineering Technology Program Guide link at the top of the page.
- Advanced Network Administration - (29 credits)
- Advanced Network Infrastructure (28 credits)
- Cyber Security (30 credits)
- Digital Forensics (32 credits)
- Network Administration (24 credits)
- Network Infrastructure (21 credits)
- Network Support (21 credits)
Industry Certifications Students are Prepared for
- Security +
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Voice (CCNA-V )
- Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (HFI)
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
Alternative Ways to Earn Credit
- Credit for Industry Certifications: You may be eligible to receive college credit toward this program if you have earned an approved industry certification.To view the list of approved industry certifications and potential credits, visit
Industry Certification Agreements.
- Credit for Tech Center Programs: You may be eligible to receive college credit towards this program if you have completed one of the approved tech center programs. To view the list of approved programs and potential credits, visit
Tech Center Agreements.
Potential Careers and Employers
- Careers: Systems or Network Administrators/Engineers, PC Technicians, Network Support Technicians or Computer Support Specialists, Network Security Specialists, Systems Security Analysts or Information Security Managers
- Employers: Graduates are employed by industries which have local area computer networks: manufacturing, retail and wholesale businesses, financial and educational institutions, and insurance and governmental systems.
Placement Rate and Salary Information
For the number employed, percent employed, and estimated average annual full-time wages of students who have graduated from Valencia's program, visit