If you answered YES to all of the above:
Valencia is piloting a new path for you called: STATWAY™
STATWAY™ is a Statistics pathway that takes developmental mathematics students “to and through” college-level statistics in TWO TERMS.
If you are interested in STATWAY™, go to the Mathematics Department to inquire about this opportunity.
|EAST CAMPUS: Bldg. 7 Room 142
||WEST CAMPUS: Bldg. 7 Room 108
The STATWAY™ path includes:
MAT0029-Devleopmental Math for Statistical Understanding (4 credits)
STA2023-Statistical Methods (3 credits)
You must take both courses in sequential terms to get credit for STA2023.
Registration is handled by the department office.
Statway™ is an Alternative Pathway to and through College-Transfer Statistics.
Students who place into Beginning Algebra (MAT0028C) or beyond, who do not intend to pursue a major requiring completion of College Algebra (MAC1105) or courses for which College Algebra is a prerequisite, are eligible to participate in Statway™.
Statway™ is focused on statistics, data analysis and quantitative reasoning. These mathematics skills are essential for a growing number of occupations and professions, and are needed for making decisions under conditions of uncertainty, an inescapable condition of modern life. Statway™ will concentrate on statistical content with requisite arithmetic and algebraic concepts taught and applied in the context of statistics.
It is a two-course sequence of Developmental Math for Statistical Understanding (MAT0029) and a corresponding designated section of Statistical Methods (STA2023).
In order to successfully complete Statway™, a student must earn an A, B or C in MAT0029, then earn an A, B or C in the corresponding designated Statway™ section of STA2023. If a student is seeking an Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree, it is expected that to satisfy the general education Mathematics requirement, the student enroll in College Mathematics (MGF1106) or Liberal Arts Mathematics (MGF1107) upon completion of the Statway™ sequence.
UCF Degrees for which Statway™ would qualify – These degrees do not require MAC1105
- Advertising-Public Relations
- Art-History Track
- Art-Studio Track
- Art-Visual Arts and Emerging Media Management Track
- Art- B.F.A.-Studio Track
- Art Education
- Early Childhood Development and Education Track 1: Education: Pre-Kindergarten-Primary
- Early Childhood Development and Education Track 2: Early Childhood Development
- Elementary Education
- English-Creative Writing
- English-Technical Communication
- English Language Arts Education
- Film-Cinema Studios Track
- Foreign Language Education-French
- Foreign Language Education-Spanish
- Humanities-Philosophy, Religion, & Popular Culture Track
- International and Global Studies
- Interpersonal/Organizational Communication
- Latin American Studies
- Music-Jazz Studies Track
- Music-Music Composition Track
- Music-Music Performance Track
- Music Education
- Political Science
- Political Science-Prelaw Track
- Public Administration
- Religious Studies
- Science Education-Biology
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Theatre-Musical Theatre Track
- Theatre Studies