Centers for Teaching/Learning Innovation
A place where faculty learning, collaboration, innovation and scholarship contribute to the greater success of our students, faculty and our community.
Campus Centers for Teaching/Learning Innovation enhance our commitment to supporting all faculty members in improving teaching excellence and student learning. The intention of each Campus Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation is to create a hub for collaboration and intellectual inquiry that serves as a catalyst for the expansion of campus-based communities of practice and the advancement of teaching, learning, scholarship and technology.
The Faculty and Instructional Development campus team:
- Supports all faculty members as they expand their professional practices and examine their ongoing development in the seven Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
- Supports all faculty members as they develop course and curriculum experiences, in all modalities, to improve student learning.
- Supports all faculty members as they use technology for teaching and learning
Instructional Designers from Learning Technology Services are also available for consultation and appointments in the Centers on each campus. You can find the contact information for the Instructional Designer by campus below.
Contact your campus team to . . .
- Learn more about Faculty Development courses and programs
- Create a plan for your development
- Learn more about pedagogy and course design
- Meet one-to-one to discuss best practices in teaching, learning and technology
- Learn about tools, support and resources essential to your success
- Integrate technology in your classroom to enhance student learning
- Create course content and materials for all instructional modalities using a variety of software
- Develop interactive and multimedia resources according to established best practices
- Effectively use presentation software (PowerPoint and Prezi)
- Effectively use various Atlas tools, Faculty Front Door, SkyDrive and Outlook Email
- Implement tools for formative and summative assessment (Qualtrics, CourseEval, ExamView, TestGen, Diploma, Camtasia, SoftChalk, Respondus, StudyMATE, SafeAssign, Classroom Performance System (CPS), Turning Technologies and other instructional software available at your campus).
- Receive support for Blackboard-related questions
- Work-spaces for collaborating with and learning from colleagues
- One-to-one consultations on faculty development, teaching, learning and technology
- PCs, Scanners, Printers and Fax
- Professional development library containing books and materials in support of the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator