Valencia's Office of Faculty and Instructional Development welcomes you to be a part of a professional development program designed specifically for part-time
and full-time, non-tenured faculty members. The Office of Faculty and Instructional Development, a division of Academic Affairs, supports all faculty members as they expand their
professional practices and examine their ongoing development of the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
The intention of Valencia’s Faculty Development program is to engage teachers, scholars and practitioners in
continuous improvement processes that result in student learning.
We invite you to participate in all of our courses and programs, each designed to enhance your teaching practice and student learning, while also providing an opportunity to become a part of a collaborative, innovative teaching community. We offer many opportunities, including face-to-face seminars, individual and group consultations, peer observation of teaching sessions, hybrid and online courses. Courses are designed and facilitated by Valencia experts...your colleagues.
Faculty Development courses, resources and programs give faculty members the opportunity to network with campus and college-wide colleagues, engage in meaningful discussions about learning-centered topics, develop strategies to create an effective learning environment for all instructional modalities, and develop a growing expertise in the seven Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator. These competencies are:
• Inclusion and Diversity
• Learning-centered Teaching Strategies
• Professional Commitment
• Outcomes-based Practice
• Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
HOW TO BEGINCreate your plan for development today! Whether you are looking for a single course or interested in working towards a certificate program, you can begin by taking one or more of the following steps:
- Review our Associate Faculty Certification Program and recommended courses
- Review 2012-2013 Catalog of Courses (click on the Catalog picture at the top right)
- Review all of our Faculty Development Programs (click on any of the programs on the left navigation bar)
- Search for courses by area of interest (click on the course search at the bottom right)
- Register Now! (click on How to Register at the bottom right of the page)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact a member of the Faculty Development team on your campus.