Quality Matters/Exemplar Course Program
Would you like to receive collegial feedback on your online or hybrid course? Consider participating in this new opportunity to have your online or hybrid course reviewed by colleagues using a best-practice framework, Quality Matters.
Quality Matters Peer Review Process at Valencia
Valencia has adopted Quality Matters for its peer-based approach to continuous improvement for online and hybrid courses. Quality Matters is a set of standards based upon current literature, best practices, and national standards for course design. These standards can be used as a framework to design, revise and improve online and hybrid courses.
Quality Matters is a peer review process where Valencia faculty members who have completed Quality Matters training provide feedback on hybrid and online courses according to a set of standards (QM Rubric) for course design. After successful completion of the Quality Matters Peer Course review, the faculty member's course is recognized as one of Valencia's Exemplar Online Courses. These courses and related resources may then be available for adoption and use by other Valencia faculty members.
Quality Matters is
- a faculty-driven, peer review process
- collegial, not evaluative or judgemental
- based upon a model of continuous improvement
- centered on the student experience
- designed to provide specific, detailed and constructive feedback
- designed to provide feebdack on course design, not course delivery
How Does It Work?
How Do I to Participate?
What are the Application Requirements?
- The faculty member must be a trained Quality Matters Peer Reviewer and have completed all QM refresher training. Valencia faculty members become trained Quality Matters Peer Reviewers by completing Faculty Development course ASMT 3232- Quality Matters: Peer Reviewer Training.
- The faculty member must have taught the course in an online or hybrid format for at least two terms (at the time the course is reviewed).
- The course must be completely online or a hybrid course.
- The course must be designed according to current and approved College Course Outcomes.
- Please note that priority will be given to faculty members who have achieved the designation of Digital Professor.
Who Do I Contact For Questions?
Director, Faculty and Instructional Development