We are an evolving community of practice for learning leaders.
We build the capacity of the college to improve student learning.
- We are dedicated to supporting growth in the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator for all faculty members at all stages of their career.
- We base our practice on a reliable evidence base that is informed by theory.
- We collaborate in teams and across organizational divisions and campuses, appreciating the strengths of individuals.
- We are dedicated to the standards of scholarship.
- We value integrity in word and deed as we model good practices of communication and teaching.
- We value authenticity as evidenced by honest and direct communication.
- We are optimistic; we believe that all people can learn under the right conditions.
- We are accountable to our community through assessment reports and revisions of our programs.
- We seek to always be learners, to keep ourselves open to new ideas, skills, and solutions.
Faculty Development Program Outcomes & Primary Roles in Teaching and Learning
- Faculty Development - Supports all faculty members as they expand their professional practices and examine their ongoing development in the seven Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
- Instructional Development - Supports all faculty members as they develop course and curriculum experiences, in all modalities, to improve student learning.
- Continuous Improvement Processes - Engages teachers, scholars and practitioners in continuous improvement processes that result in student learning.
- Innovation - Serves as a catalyst for advancing best practices and innovation in teaching, learning and technology, supported by evidence.
Developing Faculty for Student Success: Our Working Theories PDF
Map of Faculty Development: Comprehensive, Coordinated Curriculum for All Faculty PDF
Faculty Development Program Learning Outcomes
- Faculty members will critically evaluate their ongoing development needs in the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
- Faculty members will complete an individualized development plan to improve their practices, in terms of student learning, and according to professional need.
- Faculty members will apply the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator to improve their practice.
- Faculty members will engage in continuous improvement processes with the goal of enhanced student learning.
- Faculty members will develop professional relationships throughout the division, campus, and college.
- Faculty members will contribute to an evolving community of peers focused on reflection, innovation, and enhanced student learning.
Faculty Development Program Assessment Model
Our 5-step program assessment model is drawn from Guskey (2000):
- Participants' Reactions
- Participants' Learning (Course and Program Learning Outcomes)
- Organizational Support & Change (Program Outcomes)
- Participants' Use of New Knowledge & Skill (transfer to practice)
- Student Learning Outcomes
- 2011-2012 Program Assessment Plan (Coming Soon)
- 2011-2012 Annual Report (Coming Soon)
Wendi Dew, Director of Faculty and Instructional Development
Jenelle Conner, Coordinator, Faculty and Instructional Development
Cissy Reindahl , Administrative Assistant, Faculty and Instructional Development and Faculty Council
East and Winter Park Campuses
Migdalia Otero-Olan, Manager, Faculty and Instructional Development, East Campus
Jyoti Pande, Assistant Director, Faculty and Instructional Development, East Campus
Lee Lucia, Manager, Faculty and Instructional Development, Winter Park Campus
Gazelle Daley, Staff Assistant II, Faculty and Instructional Development, East Campus
Vivian Matos, Faculty and Instructional Support Specialist, East Campus
Osceola and Lake Nona Campuses
Gary Kokaisel, Manager, Faculty and Instructional Development, Osceola and Lake Nona Campus
Ron Ginn, Faculty and Instructional Support Specialist, Osceola and Lake Nona Campus
Charles Fox, Assistant Director, Faculty and Instructional Development, West Campus
Daniel Charriez, Manager, Faculty and Instructional Development, West Campus
Karen Han, Staff Assistant II, Faculty and Instructional Development, West Campus
Sandee Williams, Faculty and Instructional Support Specialist, West Campus
Teaching/Learning Academy Team