The effective presentation of the entire project should be:
- written clearly and coherently
- presented and edited professionally
- polished presentation
- includes plans for uploading in the ARP builder (see below)
Plan for Dissemination
It is commonly held that scholarly work should be made public. In one or two sentences, describe how you will make your project public. You are required to upload the action research project into the AR Builder in Atlas, and distribute the portfolio to the dean and panel members. The following prompts can help you identify how you plan to make your work public, both in the Action Research Builder and beyond.
- Department or discipline colleagues?
- Valencia faculty development forums, such as Destination, Assessment Initiatives, etc.)?
- Faculty-to-Faculty, Assessment Initiatives?
- Professional journal article?
- Professional conference presentation?
Remember, when communicating your results:
- Include measures of central tendency and measures of variation in your statistics when you gather significant quantitative data
- Use charts and graphs when possible
- Provide descriptive titles and clear labels
- Use scales consistently
Valencia's Action Research Builder
- Tutorial with examples and explanations for each element of an ARP
- Puts finished ARP's in a consistent, readable and printable format
- Professional quality (edit)
- Database for searching all Valencia's ARP s
To access the ARP Builder, log into Atlas and click on the "Faculty" tab. Directions to log access the ARP builder can also be found on Valencia's website. Directions can also be followed on the next page.