Graduation: Valencia College Graduation Office sends a report to the Financial Aid Services Office of students who have applied for graduation. The Financial Aid Services Office contacts these students to notify them of the exit counseling requirement. These students have the option to complete exit counseling online as well as in-person at Grad Finale.
Many borrowers who default on their loans are borrowers who withdrew from the college prior to completing their academic programs. Early identification and timely intervention improves student retention and reduces the number of defaulted loans. In addition to fulfilling the regulatory requirement to provide exit counseling to students, Valencia College is implementing the review of students who show up on the Return to Title IV (R2T4) reports who have student loans. These students will be contacted via phone to inform them of the effects of withdrawing and be provided with information regarding repayment options.
When contacting withdrawing students the following information will be provided,
- An estimate of required monthly payments on the borrower's loan balance,
- Loan servicer contact information,
- Contact information for delinquency and default prevention assistance on campus,
- Introduction to NSLDS for Students,
- Repaying Your Student Loans publication.