Financial Aid Services
Rights and Responsibilities of the Financial Aid Recipient
As a student financial aid consumer you have the right to:
- Information about financial aid application procedures,
cost of attendance, aid available, and renewal requirements as
about Valencia’s academic programs and policies.
protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your
financial aid file are maintained in accordance with
the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Request a review of decisions made
by the Valencia College financial aid services staff. A letter
discussing your situation in detail
and the decision you wish to have reviewed should be submitted
in writing to the Director of Financial Aid Services, Valencia
College, P.O. Box 3028, Orlando, FL 32802.
You have the
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Read and understand
all materials sent to you from Financial Aid Services and other
financial aid agencies by e–mail and/or
letter. Keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
and comply with the rules governing your aid programs.
with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements
- Register for the number of credits required and maintain Satisfactory
- Go to the Answer Center on your campus for personal assistance if
you have questions or do not understand the information provided
- Budget and manage your financial aid funds.