Organizational Development & Human Resources
Featured Job Listing
instructional assistant, sr manufacturing
Responsible for managing the daily operations of the Advance Manufacturing Program (AMP) hands on lab. Provides instructional training and assistance in classroom and labs in direct support of Advanced Manufacturing programs. Proactively supports student’s development and provides coaching as needed. Researches and recommends purchasing and materials, supplies, and equipment. Works closely with other instructors and laboratory assistants to create the optimal learning environment. Helps support the AMP team with departmental goals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversees day to day operations of all manufacturing labs including CNC Machining, Welding, Quality /Assembly and future site lab operations.
2. Instructs and trains students on the use of the manual and automatic processes of CNC Machining.
3. Plans, organizes, and coordinates the purchase, upgrade and implementation of new equipment and materials.
4. Hires, trains, evaluates, schedules and supervises lab assistants, and coordinates time sheets for payroll processing if appropriate.
5. Oversees collection of information for departmental and program assessment projects.
6. Oversees the design and implementation of safety and security procedures.
7. Provides support and expertise to faculty, staff, and administration when needed.
8. Insures that college-wide policies and procedures are correctly implemented throughout the manufacturing facility.
9. Serves as the Labs Purchasing Agent for the department/division.
10. Provides budget development, tracking, and reporting for all manufacturing lab-related expenditures.
11. Maintains inventory and proper storage of all equipment and tooling.
12. Recommends, assesses, acquires quotes and negotiates purchase of equipment and materials.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
2. Manual and CNC Machining certifications preferred.
3. Instructional or training background required.
4. Minimum 5 years manufacturing shop floor experience.
5. Supervisory experience preferred.
4. Multi-facet manufacturing experience
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
7. Must be able to achieve additional manufacturing certifications where necessary for current and future programs of study and instruction.
8. Must have strong PC and Math skills.
HOURS & LOCATION
Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM
1768 Park Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32825