Organizational Development & Human Resources
Featured Job Listing
adjunct professor, chemistry
Primarily responsible for teaching in discipline or discipline areas in which he/she has specific training and/or competence. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia's learningcentered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia educator. Responds to students in a timely manner and communicates with the discipline and division via college-provided tools and resources.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares and delivers instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback on students' progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes.
2. Provides feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
3. Prepares and submits required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
4. Is familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies.
5. Maintains professional development/growth according to personal needs and requirements for certification.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a Master’s degree or higher conferred from a regionally accredited institution in chemistry or a Master’s degree + 18 graduate semester hours in chemistry.
Teaching experience at the community college level (in some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements).
3. Professional commitment to education.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
6. Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
HOURS & LOCATION
Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM
1768 Park Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32825