Organizational Development & Human Resources
Featured Job Listing
Vice President, Business Operations and Finance
Valencia College is currently seeking a Vice President, Business Operations and Finance to serve as its chief business and financial officer. The successful candidate will support the learning mission of the college through effective leadership, analysis, and planning of college finances, business operations, auxiliary enterprises, facilities and property, risk management, safety and security, complete other duties as assigned. Candidate will report to the college President.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead the college in enterprise resource planning, including revenue modeling, strategic budget development, facilities and property strategy, cost management strategies, and stewardship of resources.
2. Develop and oversee the management of financial policies, systems and operations.
3. Provide strategic analysis and counsel on all aspects of the college’s business operations, supporting multi-year business planning. Oversee the development of annual and long-range financial plans (operating and capital).
4. Develop strategic partnerships and enterprises to enhance revenue generation within the mission of the college, including oversight of auxiliary enterprises, private-public partnerships, and other business models.
5. Develop and oversee the maintenance of performance standards, measurements, and corrective devices which review and appraise the soundness, adequacy, and application of operating and finance controls ensuring that approved plans are implemented.
6. Oversee divisions responsible for facilities construction and maintenance, housekeeping, safety and security, purchasing, budget and finance, risk management, property control, shipping and receiving, mail services, landscape maintenance and development, auditing, and compliance.
7. Serve as a member of the senior team, shaping the strategy and operations of the college as a colleague to campus presidents and other vice presidents.
8. Excel in other duties as assigned.
1. Combination of academic preparation and experience suitable to a senior leadership position in a college.
2. Significant experience in enterprise financial management and general operational leadership. In-depth understanding of accounting practices, managerial finance, budgeting, and financial analysis.
3. Evidence of creativity, collaboration, skills in business process analysis, and knowledge of higher education or a similar non-profit environment.
4. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university required; advanced degree in a relevant field preferred. A CPA is highly desirable.
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
1. Ability to provide visionary leadership.
2. Knowledge of advanced business operations and financial processes.
3. Ability to organize, execute and supervise complex managerial tasks and projects
4. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This could include: resume, cover letter, all letters of reference, or any other applicable documents related to this position. Once you have completed the application process, no other documents may be uploaded or altered.
HOURS & LOCATION
Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM
1768 Park Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32825