Organizational Development & Human Resources
Featured Job Listing
librarian - part time
Responsible for supporting the instructional program by assisting students, faculty, and staff in the use of the Library and related information resources. Provides instruction to support the development of information literacy and critical thinking. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia's learningcentered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia educator. Engages students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provides thorough, timely, and effective feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; develops curriculum and works collaboratively with colleagues to choose program and library resources, including collection development; assists in the selection, development, and evaluation of Librarians; participates in and/or leads the activities and governance of the discipline, division, campus, and college; and collaborates with relevant academic discipline and community partners in support of institutional effectiveness and student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares and delivers instruction to students, faculty and staff in the use of information resources and technologies in various modalities (including individual, group, classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback and follows up on students' progress.
2. Assists students, faculty, and staff in locating, evaluating and accessing information.
3. Prepares and submits required documentation and other information as requested or required by the college.
4.. Develops instructional programs and training materials promoting information literacy and critical thinking techniques. Participates in, and contributes to curriculum development by planning, developing, and evaluating new and existing courses and curriculum, as applicable.
5. Participates in collection development activities. Assists in planning and developing ways to provide better access to information.
6. Provides guidance, training and/or direction to library staff and/or part-time employees as applicable.
7. Serves as liaison to campus academic departments and develops library partnerships with faculty and staff.
8. Maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies. Participates in developing and implementing college policies, guiding principles, objectives and functions in accordance with the philosophy of the college.
9. Works closely with library staff, Director, and/or Dean to develop, implement, evaluate, and improve library services.
10. Participates in department meetings, serves on committees, and participates in other college activities and library organizations.
11. Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to the college community.
12. Maintains professional development/growth according to personal needs and in fulfillment of annual performance development plans.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree [required] in Library Science from a regionally accredited college or university and an ALA accredited program.
2. Reference experience in an academic library preferred.
3. Experience in library instruction and conducting library research.
4. Light (under 15 pounds) lifting and carrying.
5. Professional commitment to education.
6. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
8. Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
HOURS & LOCATION
Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM
1768 Park Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32825