International Education Week
International Education Week is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative of the U.S. Dept. of State and the U.S. Dept. of Education is part of their efforts to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences in the United States.
The purpose of this event is to promote the concept of global citizenship and cross-cultural awareness. This is the perfect opportunity to continue to learn about the world around you! Valencia faculty, staff, and students will work together to host a variety of activities at all the Valencia campuses: West Campus, East Campus, Winter Park Campus, Osceola Campus, Lake Nona Campus, and the new Poinciana Campus. All activities will be developed around the following learning outcomes:
- Promote the concept of global citizenship and cross-cultural awareness
- Gain a greater level of understanding and appreciation for different world cultures
- Promote study abroad opportunities to students
- Create cultural opportunities for international and domestic students to interact
- Allow international students and study abroad students to share experiences of their home/host country
Submit a Proposal
If you are interested in participating in International Education Week, please submit a proposal form
Contact Lindi Kourtellis with questions about the form or participating in IEW.