Borrowing & Circulation
Valencia College East Campus students must use their valid student ID card (VID) for the purposes of borrowing Library, Instructional Media Center, and Audiovisual materials, using computers in the Library, taking tests in the Testing Center, and checking-out group study rooms. The ID barcode number also allows students to access library databases remotely. If you are a student, faculty, or staff member you may obtain a Valencia ID from the Student Development Office located in Building 5 Room 212.
The library's circulating collection for patron checkout consists of books, videos, CDs, and tapes. The collection contains materials that support academic research, as well as, materials for personal enrichment. A valid student ID must be presented at the time of loan transaction. Valencia students may have a maximum of 20 items checked out on their account.
Reserve materials are placed on reserve by instructors to supplement course work. Reserve materials consist of textbooks, books, solution manuals, magazine articles, sample tests and other materials. The reserve materials loan period varies from 2-hours to 7-days.
Equipment Checkout Agreement
Renewals of circulating materials may be requested and received by the library ON or BEFORE the due date. Materials may be renewed online by using LINCC's My Account feature, by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting the Circulation Counter in the library. Reserve materials are not available for renewal.
Return of Materials
Materials must be returned to the Book Return located at the Circulation Counter, or to the Book Drop Boxes outside Building 4. Staff will return materials belonging to other Valencia libraries; however, patrons are responsible for all materials charged out until they are discharged by the owning library.
Overdue Circulating Materials
The receipt given at the time materials are borrowed is the library's official notice of material due date. The borrower is responsible for returning materials on time or renewing them ON or BEFORE the due date. Late fines are assessed beginning the first day the materials become overdue at a rate of $.25 cents per day, per item.
The library sends an overdue notice ONE WEEK after materials are due. Notices are emailed to the patron's atlas account. Failure to receive notices does not affect the assessment of fines.
Replacement of Lost Material
- Materials that have not been returned after 20 days of the due date will be declared Lost automatically. The borrower will be assessed a Lost Replacement Fee (based on the value of the book) and a $5.00 non-refundable processing fee.
- A refund for lost material payments is issued if the material is returned within 30 days of the payment date. Refunds will not be issued after 30 days from the payment date. The $5.00 service charge is not refundable.
- Under special circumstances, exceptions may be considered at the discretion of one of the campus Library Directors.
The borrower will be responsible for cost of repairs to damaged books. If materials are damaged beyond reasonable use, the current replacement price will be charged to the patron. If the item is out-of-print or no longer available a default price and a $5.00 non-refundable processing fee will be charged to cover the cost of replacing the material.
- Circulating Materials - $.25 per day
- Reserve Textbooks - $1.20 per hour, MAX FINE $100.00
- Other Reserve Materials* - $1.20 per hour, $.50 per day, $.25 per day, Max fine $50.00 or $5.00
*Rates vary depending on item.
If you do not pay your library fines:
- You may not be able to get your grades
- You may not be able to register for classes
- Your diploma may be withheld
- Your transcripts may be withheld