Creating a Reference List
Putting several full citation entries together to make a bibliography is called a Reference List in APA.
- The page should have 1 inch margins at the top, bottom, left, and right.
- All text on the page should be double-spaced.
- The word References should be centered at the top of the page.
- The entries should appear in alphabetical order by the author's last name, or, if there is no author, by the title of the work.
- If the full citation requires more than one line of text, the second line (and any following lines) should be indented. This is called a hanging indent.
Figure 1. Image of APA References page. Reprinted from Purdue Online Writing Lab. (2012). APA sample paper. Retrieved from http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/18/
You can also visit The Owl at Purdue's website to view a properly formatted researcher paper and references page: APA sample paper and references page - PDF