Look at the following list of sources in the APA style (with numbers added), observe the different elements used among the citations,
and then answer the questions below.
1. Bell, K. (2010, March). 5 surprising signs you're sleep deprived. Prevention, 62 (3), 59-62.
Retrieved from http://www.prevention.com/health
2. Brody, J. (1999, December 28). Personal health: Paying the price for cheating on sleep. New
York Times, p. 7. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com
3. Epstein, L. J. (2010, June 28). The surprising toll of sleep deprivation. Newsweek 155/156,
(26/1), 75. Retrieved from http://www.newsweek.com
4. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. (2006, April). In brief: Your guide to healthy sleep.
Retrieved July 12, 2010, from
5. National Sleep Foundation. (2009). How much sleep do we really need? Retrieved July 12, 2010,
6. Schenck, C. (2007). Sleep: The mysteries, the problems and the solutions. New York: Avery.
7. Swanson, J. (1999). Sleep disorders sourcebook. Detroit: Omnigraphics.
8. Turner, E., Jr. (2010, March 10). Sleep deprivation a serious issue for students. Hilltop. Retrieved
July 12, 2010 from http://www.thehilltoponline.com