This concludes Tutorial #4: Applying Information. In this module, you learned:
- Factors to consider when choosing appropriate sources for an assignment: requirements of the assignment, context of the presentation.
- Factors to consider when choosing which information to include in a paper or presentation: purpose of the presentation, characteristics of the audience.
- When and how to use / avoid using your own personal knowledge in a paper or presentation.
You also acquired the following skills:
- Identify sources appropriate for a scholarly/professional or informal/personal context.
- Given an outline of main ideas, categorize supporting details into appropriate paragraphs for a research paper.
- Arrange ideas from more basic to more complex.
Image credit: Microsoft Clip Gallery
After finishing this lesson, complete the form below: