Valencia Mobile FAQ
1. Are you going to add more features in the future?
Yes, we are working on the application to improve functionality and add new features. You can preview what is coming by using the Coming Soon button in the application.
2. Is there a suggestion box for feedback? Where do I report issues?
Yes, you can either click here to submit feedback and report issues. You can also find the link to the feedback form in the application in the information icon at the bottom right of the application screen.
3. What user name and password do I use to login?
You can use your Atlas user name and password to login to any application with a lock icon on it.
4. Who can I ask for help with the mobile application?
Students: Please visit an Atlas Access lab on your campus or call the student help desk at x5444. Faculty and Staff: Please call the OIT help desk at x5555.
5. Why can't I access the Account Balance, Grades or Schedule?
These applications are only available (after a login) to Students. If you are not a student, these icons will disappear after you login with your Atlas Username & Password.
6. Can I configure my mobile device to work with my Atlas e-mail?
Valencia recommends the use of the Microsoft Outlook mobile application to access your Atlas e-mail.
Detailed instructions for installing the Microsoft Outlook mobile application for iOS and Andriod devices can be found here: Atlas Email Mobile Configuration
NOTICE: Valencia College does not provide support for Mail Enabled Cell Phones. This information is provided only as a matter of courtesy. OIT and Valencia College assume no liability for use or misuse of this information.
IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THIS THAT YOU USE A PASSCODE ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
Before you begin please read these 10 Steps To Smart Phone Security from Information Week Security
7. I'm having problems connecting to Valencia Wi-Fi.
The Valencia Mobile App will function over the phone network. But if you would like to avoid data chargese, you can also connect over Wi-Fi to use the Valencia Mobile App. Some users have reported issues loading the Valencia Mobile App when connected to the Valencia Wi-Fi network. If you are having problems downloading information while connected to Valencia's Wi-Fi network, try these steps:
You should then be able to connect to the Valencia Mobile app via Valencia Wi-Fi.
- Make sure you are connected to the Wi-Fi network "vccnet"
- Open your device's Web Browser
- Go to the Wireless Login Page
- Login with your Atlas Username & Password
- If you are redirected to the Valenica College Homepage, you are connected to the "vccnet" Wi-Fi
If you are connected to any other Wi-Fi network and are having problems loading content in the Valencia Mobile App, please make sure that network has connectivity.
If you are still having problems, please submit an issue report (Broken Bug/Fix) through the Mobile Feedback Form.
8. I'm having problems opening the Valencia Mobile app after upgrading to iOS6.
If you are having issues launching the application after the most recent upgrade to iOS6 on your iPhone or iPad, force-quit the application and then relaunch it. If this doesn't work, reboot your device.
To Force-quit an application in iOS follow these steps:
- Double-click the home button to display the recently accessed applications.
- Press and hold any of the icons shown, then navigate to the Valencia Mobile App and tap the red circled minus button. This sends a signal to the application in question that allows it to quit.
- Relaunch the Valenica Mobile App.