Office for Students with Disabilities
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS) exists to provide equal educational access and opportunity to Deaf and Hard of Hearing students through the provision of professional interpreting, speech to text, and advising services.
The goals of DHHS are to assist Deaf and Hard of Hearing students to
- persist in their education to graduation or transfer
- develop self-advocacy skills
- achieve independence through access to all Valencia programs and services
In order to achieve these goals, we strive to work collaboratively with all members of the campus community.
We adhere to strict right-to-privacy guidelines and ethical standards,
including the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Educational information may be shared with Valencia faculty and staff on a need to know basis according to FERPA guidelines. No
information will be divulged to any outside parties
without proper releases.
- C-Print meaning for meaning real-time speech-to-text transcription - onsite and remote
- Typewell meaning for meaning real-time speech-to-text transcription - remote
- CART real-time speech-to-text transcription - onsite and remote
- Voice Recognition speech-to-text transcription
- Assistive Listening Device loans
- Collaboration with OSD advisors to provide assistance with admission, educational and career plans, course selection, and registration
When is it Important to Contact Us?
We support you in your independence as a college student. However, sometimes it is important that you contact us. You should always contact us:
- Before you register for classes.
- After you register for classes to request services.
- If you need an interpreter for a special event (meeting, tutoring, other activity).
- If you are having a hard time in a class.
- If you want to withdraw from a class.
- If you will miss a class or special event and need to cancel your interpreter or speech to text provider.
- If you have a problem with your services (for example, if you are not satisfied with your interpreter, speech to text provider, or notetaker).
- If you have a problem with your accommodations.
- If you think you are getting close to graduation.
Student Request for Services:
To request interpreter or speech-to-text services, please click on the link below:
Online Interpreter/Speech-to-Text Request Form
Service Provider Sub Request:
To request a sub, please click on the link below:
Service Provider Sub Request Form