Top 10 Questions and Answers About the Enrollment Process
- How do I apply to Valencia College?
- How much is the application fee, and how long will it take for me to receive an update?
- I’ve been accepted to Valencia College. What are my next steps?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- What is the status of my financial aid application?
- How do I submit transcripts to the College?
- How do I submit my ACT/SAT, PERT scores, or take the placement test?
- How do I sign up for orientation?
- Who is my academic advisor?
- My Florida residency was denied. How do I fix or complete the Florida residency application for tuition purposes?
How do I apply to Valencia College?
To apply to Valencia College, please visit ValenciaCollege.edu and click on the “Apply” button in the top right corner. Follow the prompts on the next page.
How much is the application fee, and how long will it take for me to receive an update?
The application fee is $35, and it takes up to 5 business days to begin receiving communication related to your application.
I’ve been accepted to Valencia College. What are my next steps?
Now, that you have applied and been accepted to the College, please go to https://valenciacollege.edu/answer-center to visit the Virtual Answer Center or to make an appointment to speak with an advisor for more specifics regarding your next steps through the enrollment process.
How do I apply for financial aid?
Please visit www.FAFSA.gov to apply for financial aid and enter Valencia’s school code: 006750 to assure that your financial aid application is sent to Valencia College.
What is the status of my financial aid application?
To view the status of your financial application, log into Atlas and click the Student tab in the left navigation pane. Under the Student Resources Channel, click Financial Aid and follow the prompts.
You may also go to https://valenciacollege.edu/finaid/ to visit the Virtual Financial Aid office or to make an appointment to speak with an advisor.
How do I submit transcripts to the College?
After you have applied, submit your transcripts to the college via these options:
- Request that your school emails to Transcripts@valenciacollege.edu
- Mail to Valencia College, Admissions and Records Office, PO Box 3028 Orlando, Florida 32802-3028
- Student can submit a hard copy to the Answer Center (First Stop at Downtown Campus)
How do I submit my ACT/SAT, PERT scores, or take the placement test?
Information about submitting test scores or which test to take can be found on the Assessment website. Visit this assessment page and select the test you need to take for information on how to take a placement test. You can also visit an Assessment office on one of our campuses.
How do I sign up for orientation?
- After you have been admitted to the College, you will receive an email in your Atlas account with next steps. The email will include a link to your online orientation that must be completed to register for courses.
- After you complete the online orientation, check your Atlas email to sign up for a New Student Advising (NSA) session. During the NSA, you will meet virtually with an advisor to select and register for your first-term courses. (Note: If you are a transfer student, bring a copy of your transcript to the NSA to register.)
Who is my academic advisor?
To locate information for your academic advisor, log into your Atlas account, click on the Courses tab in the left navigation pane, click on the My Academic Profile channel, and you will see your advisor’s information. If your advisor is listed as “Student Services”, please schedule an appointment with an academic advisor at the Virtual Advising Center.
My Florida residency was denied. How do I fix or complete the Florida residency application for tuition purposes?
If you need to submit new residency documents you can log into your Atlas account to reaccess the Florida Residency Request form (Atlas Students Tab > Student Forms > Admissions & Records > Florida Residency Request) and follow the prompts on the page to complete the residency form.
If you have questions about what residency informaiton/documentation to submit you can visit the Answer Center or make an appointment with a Student Services Advisor.