- Increase peer to peer support
- Cross-disciplinary curriculum integration
- Academic and non-academic resources integrated throughout the curriculum
- Increased student success in Start Right courses
LinC Courses at Valencia College
Traditional LinC Pairs
Two courses paired together and centered on a common theme. One cohort of students take both courses and experience an integrated curriculum. Most LinC offerings include two faculty that team teach throughout the term and a Success Coach that provided added support to academic and non-academic resources at the college.
R.E.A.C.H stands for Reaching Every Academic Challenge Head-On and consists of a small group of students who take their first year of college together, with the same courses and instructors. This sort of learning community helps students connect with their classmates and professors, providing more individualized instruction, increased student success, and higher graduation rates.
The First 30 model offers students a clear academic pathway and a plan to graduate in their college career. Students are guaranteed courses for their declared major and are pre-registered in thirty college-level credits throughout the first three terms. Through co-curricular and community-based learning, students engage in real-world application of content to strengthen their academic, pre-professional and personal learning goals.
- Step 1: Use the 'Upcoming Courses' tool, located on the right navigation bar
- Step 2: Check the box 'Show LinC Courses'
- Step 3: Locate the CRNs listed in the course comments
- Step 4: Register for LinC courses through Atlas by typing in each CRN before selecting the submit button
- NOTE: If you are registering for the First 30 or REACH cohorts please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.