About the Program
What is the DE Student Ambassador Program?
A leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing the Dual Enrollment department at various on-campus events. DE Ambassadors will have opportunities to impact students and families by sharing their personal experience as a Dual Enrollment student and earn community service hours.
What are the benefits of becoming a DE Student Ambassador?
DE Student Ambassadors will develop a wide range of transferable skills than can benefit their academic and personal growth. Student Ambassadors can expect to enhance the following skills:
- Time management
- Information technology
- Problem solving
- Work ethic
- Customer service
Student Ambassadors will also be able to earn community service hours that can be used to fulfill high school and scholarship requirements. Further, the DE Student Ambassador program is an excellent opportunity for students to get connected with campus resources and participate in co-curricular activities.
Responsibilities of a DE Student Ambassador:
- Represent DE students in an ethical and professional manner
- Assist with the DE New Student Orientation
- Assist with program events
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful DE student
- Be a student leader and provide guidance to prospective and new DE students
- Conduct campus tours for new DE students and guests
- Participate in a mandatory DE Ambassador Team training
- Committed to serve for one academic year
- Age: 16 years or older by June 2019
- Valencia College GPA of 3.0 or above
- A commitment of one (1) Academic year
- Willingness to engage in public speaking
- Completed a minimum of one (1) semester at Valencia at the time of application
- Ability to communicate effectively with others