Private School Students
Spring 2021 Dates
- Application Opens: Monday, September 14, 2020
- Application Closes: Monday, October 19, 2020
- Test Score Deadline: Friday, November 6, 2020
Dual Enrollment Application (Free)
Once you click "APPLY NOW" below, please be sure to:
- Create your Login ID and Pin
- Select the "Dual Enrollment Student" Application from the dropdown menu.
The DE Application is free of cost. If prompted to pay an application fee, you have completed the incorrect application type.
Students attending an eligible private school within Orange or Osceola county are able to participate in Valencia's Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians and guidance counselor to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
Private School Student Application Steps
- Meet Participation Requirements
- Be a resident of Orange or Osceola County and enrolled in grades 6 - 12 at a private school from our eligible private school list. (Note: private school must have a current articulation agreement with Valencia College in order for students to participate. Schools with current articulation agreements are listed on the eligible private schools list)
- Have a 3.0 unweighted (high school) cumulative GPA for grades 6-11 at the time of application or 3.0 weighted cumulative GPA for high school rising seniors at time of application.
- Obtain eligible test scores in all three sections (reading, writing/English and math) through the PERT, ACT and/or SAT by the test score deadline.
- Apply to Valencia College.
- Create a Login ID (this will be your Web ID, please make a note of it) and a PIN; select "Login". Please be aware that the Login ID is case sensitive
- For Application Type, select "Dual Enrollment Student"; select "Continue". Please note: the Dual Enrollment application is free of cost.
- Select admit term, provide your first name and last name; select "Fill Out Application". Once prompted to the checklist, select "Name" and click "Next".
- Provide all of the requested information for: Mailing Address, Personal Information, School Information (provide the information by using the "Lookup High School Code"), Additional Information, Parent Education and Military.
- Once all of the sections have been completed, you will be prompted to the checklist. Confirm that all items have a green checkmark and select "Application is Complete". Read and agree to the terms. You will be redirected to the Signature Page where you will click on "Dual Enrollment Application Signature Request form".
- Please create your student account for Dynamic Forms. You will be required to provide a parent/legal guardian's email address and your guidance counselor's full name and email address; an incorrect email address will delay processing time. Please note: you and your parent/legal guardian cannot share the same e-mail address; you must each have your own, unique e-mail address.
- After you complete the student form, it will generate an email to your parent/legal guardian for participation approval. Your parent/legal guardian must create their own Dynamic Forms account in order to approve the DE application. Once your parent/legal guardian provides an online signature, an email will be automatically sent to your guidance counselor to provide academic verification.
- Once your guidance counselor completes the academic verification, your DE application will be submitted to the Dual Enrollment office.
- After your Dual Enrollment Application Signature Request form has been received with all required signatures, please allow five business days for your Valencia Identification Number (VID) to be issued and sent to the email address provided. Be sure to provide an accurate email address that is checked regularly. If you have previously applied, your VID number will remain the same.
- All DE applicants must have eligible test scores (PERT, SAT and/or ACT) in all three sections (reading, writing/English and math) on file at Valencia College by the test score deadline in order to be accepted for Dual Enrollment. All test scores must be less than two years old at the time of application. Any combination of eligible scores will be accepted. Please read below for important eligible test score information.
- Taking the PERT at the Valencia Assessment Center:
- Must submit a DE application and receive a VID number.
- Take your VID, and a state or federally issued picture ID (i.e.,driver's license or passport) to the Assessment Center. Testing is offered on a walk in basis at all campuses except Downtown. To make an appointment to take the PERT at the Downtown Campus, please call 407-235-3825. If you do not have a state or federally issued form of ID, an original birth certificate or a social security card along with a school ID can be accepted.
- DE students can take the PERT three times at Valencia in a two-year period. No fee is required for the first attempt. Two retakes per sub-test is allowed; you must wait at least 24 hours to retake, attend a Valencia College retake review session and pay $10 per sub-test. Scores from other college institutions will not be accepted. For more information, visit the assessment website.
- PERT taken at high school: All PERT tests taken at the high school are retrieved by Valencia College at the district level. You do not need to submit PERT scores to Valencia.
- If you take the PERT after you have submitted your application, your DE school representative will need to request the district to send the updated test scores to Valencia College.
- Acceptance letters emailed within two weeks. The letter will include your next steps or you can refer to the Accepted Student Checklist (below).
- Contact your DE school representative to receive updates on your application status. The DE representative at your school is your first point of contact.
Test Score Requirements
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Valencia College for reading, writing and math, by the deadline for the desired term of enrollment. Any combination of eligible scores (see below) will be accepted.
Accepted Student Checklist
- Set up your Atlas account once you receive the official Dual Enrollment acceptance letter via USPS mail.
- Complete the mandatory Dual Enrollment New Student Orientation via your Atlas account. You will not be able to register for courses until the online orientation is complete.
- Register for classes via your Atlas account. Read the details about registering for Valencia courses on the Dual Enrollment Course Registration page.
- Tuition and lab fees are waived for all DE approved courses. You are not responsible for any tuition balance.
- You are responsible for textbook and textbook affiliated costs related to licensing
fees and/or electronic media access. Should you decide to purchase textbooks through
Valencia College, you must purchase textbooks from the campus bookstore.
- Per Campus Store Operations, online textbook orders can be placed starting Monday, July 27th. Students/parents/school reps will not be able to place orders for the Fall 2020 semester prior to this date. More information can be found at the Campus Store website: https://valenciacollege.edu/students/campus-store/
- If you are enrolled in a Downtown Campus course, please visit the following site to order your textbooks: ucf-vc.bncollege.com
- You must maintain a minimum 3.0 high school CGPA and a minimum 2.0 Valencia College CGPA in order to continue participating in the DE program. Academic Probation (two "W"s/withdrawals OR two consecutive terms with a Valencia College GPA below 2.0) will result in dismissal from DE program.
- You are eligible to register for up to 4 courses/13 credit hours for Fall, 4 courses/13 credit hours for Spring and 2 courses/7 credit hours for Summer.
- A balance will remain on your account until the end of the term. You are not responsible for the tuition balance and it will not impact your registration status.
- Your DE school representative will help you select appropriate and approved courses to ensure high school graduation requirements are met. After meeting with your DE school representative, you can book an appointment with a DE advisor to select Valencia courses that will meet your high school requirements.