Tone and Voice
While all communication should be clear, concise and well-written, the tone of voice for both internal and external communications should be a direct reflection of our brand personality.
Writers Style Guide
Business correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, emails or any publication done on behalf of the college should be written in a style that is simple, friendly and understandable. Presenting a consistent style of communication when addressing students, colleagues and the community reinforces the fact that we are speaking on behalf of the college.
- Follow the guidelines of the Associated Press; reference our Style Guide for Writers for a listing of words unique to education
- Avoid jargon—use simple, clear language that the reader would quickly recognize
- Be brief—whenever possible, keep letters to a single page
- Always provide contact information
- To ensure accuracy, have someone proofread your work before sending it out