#VaccinatedValencians Can Win Great Prizes.
Protect yourself and our community. Roll up your sleeves to make it happen.
This fall, all registered Valencia College students* will be entered in two drawings (October 1 and November 12, 2021). If your name is chosen** and you can provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, you could win one of 100 prizes, including:
Full Year’s Tuition
(up to 30 credit hours of in-state tuition)
(MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, AirPod Pro)
Campus Store Vouchers
(for books, apparel, supplies, etc.)
*Employees (except those who are federal or institutional work study students) who
are also students are not eligible for the drawings.
**If a student is drawn as a winner and has a medical or religious reason for not being vaccinated, upon providing documentation of the reason(s), the student can claim their prize.
Watch your Atlas email for more information.
NOT VACCINATED YET?
Find your vaccination site.
You can get vaccinated in your community or at one of our on-campus sites between September and December.
In fact, all area residents over the age of 12 can get vaccinated for free at these locations.
Check vaccination dates and times.
What if I’m vaccinated already?
Great. Winners will only have to show proof of vaccination.**
Student Town Hall
Virtual Event: Friday, September 10, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Roll up your sleeves to save a life. Join us to learn more about COVID-19. Ask Orlando Health Q&A with our guest speakers, professors Dr. Rita Luther and Dr. Gandhy Pierre-Louis.
COVID-19 VAX FACTS
- The vaccines have been carefully tested for safety.
- People of color are especially vulnerable to severe COVID-19.
- Getting the vaccine can protect you and those around you from getting sick.
- If you’ve already had COVID-19, the vaccine will give you extra protection.
- The more people who get vaccinated, the faster you will protect yourself and our community.
- The longer parts of the population remain unvaccinated, the more COVID-19 variants will have a chance to develop.
- On August 23, 2021, the FDA approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
source: Mayo Clinic
Need more info? Check out these Vaccine Facts
If your name is chosen and you can provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, you could win one of 100 prizes.
*Employees (except those who are federal or institutional work study students) who are also students are not eligible for the drawings.
|1-year of Tuition (up to 30 credit hours of in-state tuition)||10||$3,100 each|
|Apple MacBook Pro 13” computers||10||$1,900 each|
|Apple iPad Pro tablets||10||$999 each|
|Apple AirPod Pro||30||$250 each|
|Book Vouchers||40||$249 each|
Vaccine Incentive and Education Program for Students
- Fully vaccinated means you have received the final recommended dose (e.g. the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or the first dose of a one-shot vaccine) of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- By entering the Program, you explicitly and voluntarily authorize Valencia College to review your COVID-19 vaccination card, to verify that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. No purchase is necessary.
- All winners will be removed from future drawings. No participant may win more than one prize.
- In the event that a winner does not wish to receive a prize, refuses or fails to provide timely verification information or the required releases, or does not promptly respond to the initial contact by College officials, that winner may be deemed ineligible and an alternate winner may be used. If it is determined that an alternate will be used, the person initially selected will forfeit any prizes associated with the Program.
- Winners will be responsible for any taxes associated with their prize. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the applicable official winners.. All federal, state and local laws, applicable taxes, and regulations apply.
- If a student whose name is drawn as a prize winner has medical or religious reasons for not being vaccinated, the student will be able to provide documentation of such and be eligible to claim the prize.