Brand Cheat Sheet: Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
Let’s do this together. Here’s a quickstart guide to working with the Valencia College brand for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) around campus.
Read on, friend.
Start with the Primary Logo
When in doubt, use this logo. It’s how people recognize us and it unifies us as Valencia College.
Keep ‘em separated:Mind the clearspace. Just how much space are we talkin’? Room for two capital E's all the way around.
Size matters:Let’s make sure everyone can see it. If it's under 1-1/4", or you have to squint to read it, it’s too small.
Need it in one color?We’ve got that, too. Make sure you use the file named "one-color." See a difference between the “A” and the “C”? Nice eye. The extra space makes it easier to read.
Looking for other logos? Check out the Logos page.
Sub-brand logos complement the primary logo, creating a sense of unity across departments and the college. The sub-brand logo may take the place of the primary logo (in many instances).
Use of the sub-brand logo should follow the same guidelines (above) for using the Primary Logo, including clearspace, size and one-color versions.
Choose Our Colors
Valencia College Red
Valencia College Yellow
Valencia College Gray
Going from Photoshop to InDesign? These color palettes for Creative Cloud are sure to help.
Use the Fonts
Adobe Garamond Pro
Speak Our Voice
Keep it clear and clean. And when it doubt, check out the Student Clubs and Organizations policy. It’ll help keep ya on the right track.
Keep It Legal
- So forth
Before You Print/Send It Off, Check It Off
- Did I use the right logo?
- Did I allow for clearspace (2 Es all around)?
- Did I make it large enough?
- Did I use the right colors?
- Did I keep the language clear and clean?
- Did I get permission to use intellectual property?
- Did I use an approved typeface?
Mascot Use by Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
You have a mascot now—the VC Puma. Feel free to add this cool cat to your Registered Student Organization’s (RSO’s) announcements, posters, flyers, etc. Use it by following a few guidelines so we steer clear of copyright and trademark infringement issues.
- You can use Puma in your club’s name or in text, but it can NEVER appear in all caps.
- The Puma Script cannot be used as part of a logo for an RSO.
- When using any of the VC Puma logos, please adhere to the mascot brand standards regarding clearspace and other specifications. You’ll find out how to request artwork for the VC Puma and more.
- Always keep in mind any RSO policies or agreements when creating.
Now get ready to show your Puma Pride!