Print Book Citations
The elements needed to cite a print book are:
- date of publication
- title of the book
- place of publication
The following is an APA full citation for a print book:
Huang, H. K.(2010).PACS and imaging informatics: Basic principles and applications. Hoboken:Wiley-Blackwell.
This example includes:
- the author's name --› Huang, H. K.
- the date --› (2010).
- the title of the book --› PACS and imaging informatics : Basic principles and applications.
- the place of publication --› Hoboken:
- the publisher --› Wiley-Blackwell.
APA citations should be double-spaced and have a hanging indent (the second line and all the following lines are indented).
The APA format
- uses initials for author's first and middle names (e.g. Huang, H. K.)
- places the date second and in parenthesis
- capitalizes the first letter of the first word of the title and subtitle (e.g. PACS and imaging informatics: Basic principles and applications.)
Valencia Library has created color coded APA cheat sheets and made them available online. Review our APA examples for books.