Remote Testing for Valencia Students
(For Valencia students requesting to take a placement test at another institution)
The student is unable to test at Valencia because they live over 50 miles from the nearest Valencia Assessment Center.
The following tests are eligible to be taken at another institution through Valencia's Remote Testing process:
- CPTI (on a case-by-case basis only)
- ACCUPLACER ESL(LOEP)
Remote Placement Testing Policies:
- Students must have a Valencia Student ID number and an active status prior to requesting remote testing.
- All requests must be approved by the Institutional Test Administrator (ITA) or designee prior to taking the test.
- Requests must be received at least 10 business days prior to the preferred test date.
- Testing must occur at a secure postsecondary test center, certified testing center or for those serving in the military or foreign services, a military/government educational facility.
- Students are responsible for all remote related proctoring fees as well as any Valencia testing fees.
Remote Placement Testing Steps:
- Students must locate a testing facility in their geographic area with internet access.
- Look for community colleges, colleges, universities, certified testing centers or
if military, military bases in your area.
- To assist you in locating a college or university testing center, visit www.ncta-testing.org/cctc/find.php
- Look for community colleges, colleges, universities, certified testing centers or if military, military bases in your area.
- Contact the testing facility and make sure they are willing to proctor an assessment for you prior to contacting Valencia. You should allow a minimum of 3.5 hours to complete the test.
- Make sure that you have the following information before completing the Remote Placement Request Student Form.
- Student’s Information:
- Full name
- Valencia Student ID#
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Test date and time (confirmed with desired proctor institution or facility)
- Proctoring Institution Information:
- Institution name and their testing website address
- Proctor name and Proctor address
- Proctor email address
- Proctor phone number
- Proctor fax number
- Click on the link below to complete the Remote Placement Request Student Form.
- Once you complete the student form, an email will be sent to the test proctor you have designated with a link to a second form they will complete.
- The test proctor will complete the Remote Placement Request Proctor Form.
- Once both forms have been completed, your request will be processed by the Remote Testing Coordinator.
- You will be contacted via the email address provided to confirm your test date.