About Intensive English Program
Valencia College provides an Intensive English Program (IEP) for students ages 15 and above in two locations, west and south of Orlando. We accept students at all language levels from beginner to advanced. Students interested in a degree at Valencia who need to improve their English can start with the Intensive English Program and then transfer into a Valencia degree program.
The program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) which is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency for English Language Programs and institutions in the U.S. Achieving accreditation through the CEA requires meeting certain standards. Accreditation is not an easy process, and CEA-accredited programs are among the best, not only in the U.S.A but also worldwide.
- Excellent location in Central Florida with year-round warm temperature
- Two locations to choose from to study - West campus or Osceola campus
- Students can study on a tourist or student visa depending on their educational goals
- Students of all language proficiency levels are accepted
- Accelerated pace of learning due to schedule
- Diverse student population from over 50 countries
- Assistance from an advisor in transferring into a degree program at Valencia College or elsewhere
- Valencia College graduates with an A.A. degree are guaranteed acceptance into one of eleven state universities in Florida.
- Learn real-world English
- Practice in all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Improve rapidly your fluency, pronunciation, and grammatical accuracy
- Instructors speak only English in the classroom at all levels of instruction
- Gain a greater ability to understand native speakers by learning about American culture