Youth English Program (YEP)
This program can take place either on Valencia's West Campus or Osceola Campus. The classrooms are in close proximity to each other and near the advisor and coordinator's offices, the student lounge, and Student Services. With supportive staff, highly trained instructors, state of the art facilities, students start learning and improving their English from day one.
2022 Start Dates: Jan. 10&24 and July 5&19
- Three levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
- Students can study two weeks or four weeks.
- Classes generally meet Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Free internet access throughout the building.
- We work with our partners to customize the program to specific needs.
Students are placed in the program based on the results of an English placement test completed before the start of class.
- There are two courses within a level: Beginner A&B, intermediate A&B, advanced A&B.
- Students may or may not complete the whole level depending on how long they stay.
- Each course within a level covers different objectives and topics.
- All courses within a level must be completed before moving up to the next level.
Youth English Program: 3 Levels
Students will be assessed formally through a variety of quizzes and tests. These assessments will measure language learning in speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
Passing Grades: A, B & C.
A = 100-90%
B = 89-80%
C = 79-70%
F = 69-0%
Each course has its own textbook provided by Valencia College. Instructors will give students their book on the first day of class. Students must bring a pen or pencil and paper or a notebook each day to class.