Youth English Program (YEP)
This program can take place either on Valencia's West Campus or Osceola Campus. The classrooms are in close proximity to each other and near the advisor and coordinator's offices, the student lounge, and Student Services. With supportive staff, highly trained instructors, state of the art facilities, students start learning and improving their English from day one.
2022 Start Dates:
- January 10
- January 24
- June 20
- July 5
- July 18
- Students can study for two weeks (half level) or four weeks (full level).
- We work with our partners to customize the program to specific needs.
- Students receive a certificate of completion on their last day of class.
- Each level takes up to four weeks to complete.
- Three levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
- Classes generally meet Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Students may or may not complete the whole level depending on how long they stay.
- Each level covers different objectives and topics.
Students are placed in one of the three program levels based on the results of an English placement test completed online at home before the start of class.
The students' performance will be evaluated through their attendance and participation in the class activities which make them practice the four language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
Certificates of completion indicate the number of hours that the student attended.
Each course level has its own textbook provided by Valencia College. Instructors will give students their book on the first day of class. Students must bring a pen or pencil and paper or a notebook every day.