Youth Program - School Policies
The ESL Youth Program follows the policies established by Valencia College as outlined in the college's Policy Manual. The policies below are for the ESL Youth Program and they conform to college policy, as well as immigration regulations and regulations of other governing agencies.
Attendance for both F-1 and non F-1 students is essential because we feel that you will not learn English if you do not attend class. Class attendance is also a requirement for F-1 students by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Any F-1 student who violates this attendance policy may be terminated from the program.
Absences: Attendance is mandatory and it is important to attend class on time. Administration will be notified immediately of any student absences.
- Be respectful of your classmates.
- Show respect for the property of others and school property.
- Pay attention in class. Students may not sleep during class.
- Use "inside voices" when in the classroom, student lounge, and walking in the hallways.
- Raise your hand if you have a question or if you need to use the restroom.
- No running.
- No inappropriate language or cursing in any language.
- Clean up after yourself.