We offer one-on-one consultations on a walk-in basis for writing, reading, speech, and EAP classes.
For a productive session, our consultants recommend that students arrive with their assignment guidelines and a printed copy of their draft. We recommend students visit at least a few days before the assignment is due, which will ensure ample time to revise after receiving feedback from a consultant. While in a consultation, students are encouraged to actively participate and collaborate by establishing a goal, asking questions, taking notes, and focusing on key areas of concern.
EAP Workshops provide non-native speakers additional outside the classroom support and activities with verb tenses, articles, and nouns.
- Present Simplevs Present Progressive
- Simple Past vs Perfect Progressive
- Present Perfect Tense
- Present Pefect vs Perfect Progressive
Essay Workshops aim to introduce or clarify essay writing concepts from organizing and formatting to revision, helping students better understand the writing process.
- MLA Style Formatting (PDF)
- Wordiness (PDF)
- Revision (PDF)
- Literary Analysis (PDF)
- Argument (PDF)
- MLA Citation Style (PDF)
Grammar Boot Camp
Grammar Boot Camp is a series of six workshops, which help students understand and master basic grammatical concepts and common grammatical errors.
- Nouns, Pronouns, and Verb Tenses
- Commas Splices, Fused Sentences, and Fragments
- Prepositions, Phrases, and Modifiers
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Pronoun Agreement, Reference, and Case Errors