Plagiarism Tutorial: Brief (Self-Paced)
Plagiarism Tutorial: Comprehensive (Self-Paced)
These tutorials can only be viewed in Internet Explorer or Firefox.
On MLA Style
- What is Plagiarism? (takes about 10 minutes)
- Why Cite? (takes about 5 minutes)
- Full Citations (takes about 40 minutes)
- In-Speech Citations (takes about 45 minutes)
- Avoiding Plagiarism (takes about 5 minutes)
On APA Style
Troubleshooting for Self-Paced Tutorials
These tutorials work with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. They cannot save your place, so please take note of the approximate completion time below and either work on it when you have time to finish or keep track of where you were.
- Internet Explorer may display an error message on the top of the screen:
"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer. Click here for options."
- If you see this message, complete the following steps to make sure you can complete the quizzes and activities and successfully submit your scores:
- Click where the browser says "click here for options."
- A short menu will appear. Click on Allow Blocked Content.
- A popup will appear with the following message: "Allowing active content such as script and ActiveX controls can be useful. However, active content might also harm your computer. Are you sure you want to let this file run active content?"
- Click Yes.
- If you encounter other problems, please contact a librarian at your campus.
MLA The Easy Way (Video)
This series of five videos, with audio narration by Dr. Phillips, explain and show students how to use the library MLA & APA Style Guides to cite various types of sources.