The Computer Access Lab staff invites all Valencia faculty to visit the lab. Come see what we have to offer you and your students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any comments or concerns regarding software workshops we offer, course specific software you would like us to purchase for your students to use, or even hardware you would like to have available for your students. We value your input and look forward to working with you. Please review our guidelines for faculty below.
SCHEDULING A CLASS
- An instructor may schedule a class to use one of the lab classrooms, but may not schedule it for an entire semester. To schedule a class the instructor should e-mail at least a week in advance to make a reservation.
- Instructor will inform the lab regarding software, hardware and any peripheral needs for the class.
- The Instructor should accompany the class to the lab and remain in the lab during the class.
- West Campus credit classes will be given first priority in scheduling the classroom.
CLASS ASSIGNMENTS MADE TO STUDENTS
- To better assist students, an Instructor should notify the lab when he/she makes an assignment that will require students to use the lab.
- The following information will be most helpful to lab staff: the instructor's name, the course number, the software to be used, and the date the assignment is due.
- It will also be very beneficial if the instructor notifies the lab manager of any problems that students might have in the lab, so that such problems may be remedied.
ADHERENCE TO COPYRIGHT LAW
- Faculty members using the Computer Access Lab will observe the terms of agreement for each software package used. Copies may be made for use by classes only as provided for in the terms of agreement for the software in question.
- Any faculty member who wishes to use software not owned by the Computer Access Lab must provide the lab with written documentation stating that the software may be used and copied for teaching purposes.
We look forward to working with you.