The Peace and Justice Institute aims to empower people to take action by providing resources to support the culture of peace. As part of these resources, you will find the following
- A Library Resource Guide which is a collection of books and articles in the field of Peace and Justice as compiled by our Valencia Libraries.
- Consultants who have served to lay the foundational philosophies and teachings of PJI. Our consultants have been invaluable in guiding our work and serving as mentors to so many of us.
- Community partners who support the initiatives of the PJI, provide resources and education to enhance our efforts, and collaborate to build the culture of peace and justice.
- Terminology related to Peace and Justice studies.
- What We Are Reading, a list of books that have deeply informed our work.
Library Resource Guide
The Peace and Justice Library Resource Guide assists users in locating information on the key issues surrounding peace and justice. It highlights the Peace and Social Justice Collection at the East Campus, new materials including books and e-books at all campuses, electronic resources, databases, journals, and links to other relevant information. This guide is not intended to be comprehensive, but highlights some of the useful resources as a starting point for inquiry into this interdisciplinary field of study.
- Click here to access the Peace and Justice Library Resource Guide.
- SEED: Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity
- Dinner on Division: Resources on Racial Segregation
- 1920 Ocoee and Beyond: Paths to Truth and Reconciliation
The Peace and Justice Institute at Valencia College promotes peace and justice for all.
- Alma Abdul Hadi-Jadallah, PhD.
George Mason University, Eastern Mennonite University, Kommon Denominator
- Phyllis Beck Kritek, RN, PhD, FAAN.
Former faculty member, Harvard School of Public Health, Board of Trustees of the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools
- Iron Eagle
Apache Medicine Man
- Angela King
Deputy Director, Life After Hate
- George Lopez, PhD.
Notre Dame University, The Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- Peggy McIntosh, PhD.
Founder and Senior Associate, National SEED Project
- Michael Nagler, PhD.
Founder, The Metta Center for Nonviolence, Professor Emeritus at UC Berkeley
- Lucy M. Roberts, M.A.
Roberts Consulting, primary consultant in the development and foundation of the Peace and Justice Institute
- David J. Smith
The United States Institute of Peace
- Emily Style
Founding Co-Director, National SEED Project
- Elaine Sullivan, M.A.
The Center for Renewal and Wholeness in Higher Education
- Lee Mun Wah
International Diversity Trainer and Filmmaker
- Amnesty International USA Orlando Chapter 519
- ArtReach Orlando
- Building US
- Center for Renewal and Wholeness in Higher Education
- Central Florida Freethought Community
- City of Orlando
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida
- The Conflict Resolution Education Connection
- The Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
- Floridians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
- The Global Peace Film Festival
- Guang Ming Buddhist Temple
- Harbor House
- Holocaust Memorial Resource & Education Center of Florida
- Howard Zinn Education Project
- Interfaith Council of Central Florida
- The Islamic Society of Central Florida
- Knowledge for Living
- Kroc Institute of International Peace Studies University of Notre Dame
- League of Women Voters of Orange County
- Life After Hate
- Metta Center for Nonviolence
- Office of the Special Assistant to the President for Global Perspectives The University of Central Florida
Orlando Youth Alliance
- Peace and Justice Studies Association
- Planned Parenthood
- Seminole State College
- Southern Poverty Law Center Teaching Tolerance
- Study Abroad and Global Experiences
- U. S. Institute of Peace
- Zebra Coalition