Professional Continuing Education
Committed to advancing the culture of peace in Central Florida. Valencia provides peace and justice development, education and training, with an emphasis in conflict transformation for individuals and organizations. Our learning opportunities not only educate and develop skills, but also encourage practical application of what is learned.
As a Peace and Justice Practitioner you join a community of individuals who:
- Place collaborative relationship as central to the work; focusing on the culture of collaboration
- Encourage a reflective practice to support meaning and purpose (mindfulness practice, emotional intelligence)
- Address conflict as a source and opportunity for growth and transformation
- Use the tools of dialogue, discussion and conversation (introduces the Principles for How We Treat Each Other)
- Support a community of inclusive excellence in which all voices are heard and valued; engage in the exploration of the "other" with an acknowledgement of our inherent interdependence.
- Recognize that there can be no peace without justice for all.
As a result of these learning experiences you will:
- Strengthen relationships through skillful conflict engagement and transformation
- Increase productivity within your group
- Build a community of colleagues
- Become a steward of civic engagement and sustainability
- Raise awareness and consciousness by awakening to the work of peace and justice
- Gain the resources needed to be a peacebuilder and leader of social change
- The Principles for How We Treat Each Other
- Working with Conflict
- Conversations in Inclusiveness: Understanding Inclusive Excellence
- The Danger of a Single Story: Racial Identity Development
- Creating Safe Space for Dialogue
- Mindfulness and the Reflective Practitioner