What We Do
- Teach a Peace and Justice Studies curriculum at Valencia.
- Work with Associate in Science (A.S.) programs at Valencia, including criminal justice and nursing, to integrate peace studies into their curriculum, ultimately affecting the way people in these industries will handle conflict in their work.
- Promote peace and justice events and activities through sponsorships and collaborations with community and student groups.
- Facilitate conversations on campus and in the community about peace, conflict resolution, human rights, race, and privilege.
- Host nationally known experts in peace and justice studies as speakers and scholars in residence.
- Provide community service and outreach.
- Provide students with hands-on experiences such as internships and service-learning opportunities to give practical meaning to the theories of peace building.
- Offer workshops and courses for business, government, nonprofit, and community organizations in partnership with Valencia's Professional Continuing Education.