If you're looking for a way to survive college, take SLS 1122 Student Success. This course is designed to introduce you to college resources, help you map out your education plan, select a major when you're ready, set some goals for yourself and dust off those study skills so necessary for your success!
Besides that, you'll be able to connect with your peers and make some friends. Who says you need to go it alone?
You might want to take Student Success if:
- You tend to be a procrastinator and you'd like to change your ways.
- You got through high school without studying much and now college is looking scary.
- You need to improve your skills in memory, test taking, or note taking.
- You'd like to make better use of your 24/7…that is, become a time management whiz.
- You have some doubts about your major or you're not sure what your next steps will be after life at Valencia.
- You feel lost when you step on campus…so many resources, so little direction!
- When people ask you what you want to be when you grow up, your answer is "Ummmm…still looking for good ideas."
- You're in search of meaningful goals for yourself.
Student Success Team