Failure to comply with these regulations gives the test administrator the right to collect test materials and return them to the instructor.
Before Entering the Testing Center
- Students must have their Valencia ID card for testing purposes.
- No tests are distributed the last hour before closing under any circumstances.
- Finish food and drinks before entering the testing room.
- No electronic devices allowed. Cell phones and all other electronic devices must be turned off.
- If you are taking an online test, you will be required to use the Testing Center computers and will not be allowed to use your own laptop computer.
During the Test
- Read instructions carefully before you begin your test. If you are not sure of directions, check with a testing staff at the counter.
- You are responsible for monitoring your own time for an exam.
- Talking to other students in the Testing Center is cause for an accusation of cheating.
- All students are expected to comply with the Valencia Academic Honesty policy.
Notes and Scratch Paper
- Any resources to be used during the exam must be arranged by your instructor with the Testing Center Staff.
- Any test(s) which permits the use of notes, the notes must be hard copies - you may not use notes stored on an electronic device.
- All scratch paper must be turned in with the exam.
- You may not write down any information from the test and take it out of the Testing Center.
Leaving the Testing Center
- Once you receive your test, you will not be allowed to leave the Testing Center.
- Once a test is handed in, it cannot be returned to you for any reason.
- If you leave the room without permission of the test proctor, your exam will be considered complete and must be turned in.
- Restroom breaks are not permitted during a test. Please make a restroom stop before you come to the Testing Center.
- Tests will be collected five minutes before closing time.