College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
You MUST be enrolled at Valencia College to take the CLEP exam in any of our Assessment Centers.
At a Glance
All Assessment Centers Closed February 10, March 13-19, May 29
West, East, and Osceola Campus is by appointment only
Note: CLEP testing is not available at the Lake Nona or Winter Park campus. Paperwork can be processed through the Lake Nona and Winter Park campus, however the test can only be taken at West, East, and Osceola campuses.
$20.00 appointment fee*
$80.00 per test* (paid through CollegeBoard and subject to change by CollegeBoard)
DANTES Tester- No exam fee or appointment fee for first attempt.
Valencia's Payment Method
*Prices subject to change
Retake Wait Period
As of October 17, 2014, the waiting period is 90 Days. Please note that this policy is in effect only for students who test on October 17, 2014 or after. For students who test prior to October 17, the waiting period to retake an exam is 180 days.
Varies by subject
Technical difficulties inherent with the internet, software or transmission may occur during your testing experience and are unpredictable. If unexpected technical difficulties occur, a proctor will make every attempt to promptly resume your assessment. Extended delays in testing may require rescheduling.
It takes 4 weeks to receive and process official CLEP scores.
About the CLEP
The CLEP is a series of standardized tests that helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Developed by the College Board, CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program, available at more than 2,900 colleges and universities. If you have obtained knowledge outside the classroom, the CLEP gives you an opportunity to demonstrate your proficiency in the subject area and bypass undergraduate coursework.
- In order to meet all graduation requirements, you should take the test prior to the term in which you expect to graduate.
- The CLEP is a computerized test available to all students enrolled at Valencia.
- You are able to earn up to 45 credits through the CLEP.
- CLEP credit meets all graduation requirements, including Gordon Rule mandates if applicable.
- You will receive a copy of your unofficial scores immediately* after testing; official test scores will be processed 4-6 weeks after your test date and any applicable credit entered into your record at that time.
- You can earn a varying number of college credits with CLEP, depending on the particular test and the score earned.
Click here for CLEP Exams offered at Valencia.
- You are able to retake a CLEP exam after a wait period of 3 months (90 days). Retaking a test before the wait period is over will invalidate your scores, and you will forfeit any fees paid.
- You may use CLEP credit under the repeat course policy for D or F grades only. Within the guidelines of the repeat policy, all attempts for a course will be counted in your GPA until you earn a grade of C or better when only the last attempt will be counted. If you earn an acceptable CLEP score in a course in which you have earned a D or F, the CLEP credit will be recorded and the D or F will no longer be computed in your GPA. No letter grades or quality points will be assigned.
- Passing scores are for credit granting purposes only and do not compute into your grade point average (GPA).
- Appointment fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Students in need of special testing accommodations must contact the Office of Students with Disabilities.
*College Composition test scores will be available only as official scores 4-6 weeks after the test.