Valencia College Summer Dance Institute
A staple at Valencia College since 2000, this four-week summer program is designed for 20-25 students in grades 9 – 12. Focusing on the development of students' processing skills and meaningful demonstration of learning, the program's multidisciplinary approach provides students with authentic learning tasks and environments, infused technology and enables continuous learning, assessment and reflection of interrelated disciplines.
With three components—hands-on, field and classroom instruction—students will gain a wide range of experience, such as:
- Participate in the development of choreographic, technical and performance skills
- Gain an understanding of cooperative learning
- Learn essential communication skills
- Work with various artists in the field of dance
- Demonstrate new acquired skills
The program is also geared toward the recruitment and retention of dancers for future admittance to Valencia College Associate in Arts in Dance Performance Program.
Cost of four-week program: $200
Please visit our Google Form - Valencia Summer Dance Institute Application to fill out an application for the Valencia Summer Dance Institute.
- Program open to rising 9th - graduating 12th grades
- Audition attire encouraged: Men: White shirt and black tights (or comfortable, tight clothing) ballet shoes if you own them; Women: Black leotard and pink or skin colored tights (or comfortable, tight clothing), ballet and/or jazz shoes if you own them. All hair secured and out of the face.
- The audition will consist of a technique class: ballet barre and center, modern combination and jazz combination. Individual choreography or a solo is not required.
Date and Time
Application Deadline: Friday, May 5, 2023
In-Person Audition: Saturday, May 13, 2023
9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Building 6, Room 104, East Campus, Valencia College
Program Dates 2023:
June 26 – July 22, 2023
Monday through Thursday,
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Valencia Dance Summer Repertory Concert
July 21 - 22, 2023
Performing Arts Center
Valencia College, East Campus
701 N Econlockhatchee Trail
Orlando, FL 32825
Valencia Summer Dance Institute
Dance Performance Production Coordinator