IMPORTANT: For the latest information on health and safety guidelines please visit valenciacollege.edu/arts.
Associate in Arts in Musical Theatre
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we will be cancelling the Spring 2020 Musical Theatre auditions. All interested students will be able to declare the Musical Theatre degree pathway without need of an audition for this coming summer semester and the 2020 academic year starting this fall. Although the audition will not be required, we ask that you fill out the audition application form and submit it so we can have pertinent information we need about you, and so we can advise you on the course sequence and related details. For questions, please contact Mr. Alan Gerber at email@example.com
Each fall semester the Musical Theatre program admits a cohort of 25 students who have successfully passed the audition. Audition space is limited to 65 applicants who have completed their application; applications are accepted in the order they are submitted.
Acceptance is based on the following:
- Have a successful audition
- Have degree-seeking student status indicated in your official Valencia College record
Cancelled for 2020
Cancelled for 2020
|8:00 a.m.||Registration Building 3 Atrium|
|8:30 a.m.||Group meeting/overview of program and expectations|
|9:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.||Dance Auditions Performing Arts Center|
|11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||LUNCH BREAK/Vocal Warm-Ups/Leadership discussion.|
|12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m.||Acting Auditions I in Black Box Theater, Vocal Auditions I Bandroom 3-126|
|1:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.||BREAK|
|1:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.||Acting Auditions II in Black Box Theater, Vocal Auditions II Bandroom 3-126|
|3:15 - 5:30 p.m.||Additional time if needed|
Dance auditions shall consist of students learning a ballet combination and later a jazz combination. Students will be grouped and then perform. After the ballet portion, students have the option of keeping their shoes on to use for the jazz portion of the audition.
Vocal auditions should consist of:
- Up tempo selection, 16 bars
- Ballad selection, 16 bars
- Bring a copy of the music, marked
Acting auditions should consist of:
- Please be prepared to slate with your name and current educational institution and give a simple end slate. (Slates will not be counted into your time limit)
- Auditionee shall fully prepare (2) 1.5 minute monologues, one comedic, and one dramatic. These can come from either Musical or Non-Musical Theater of a modern or contemporary nature (no classical monologues). Monologues shall be fully memorized and presented as a full performance, with the transition between both included in the three minute time slot.