Each fall semester the Musical Theatre program admits a cohort of 25 students who have successfully passed the audition. Audition space is limited to 65 applicants who have completed their application; applications are accepted in the order they are submitted. Acceptance is based on the following:
- Have a successful audition
- Have degree-seeking student status indicated in your official Valencia College record
The deadline for applications is March 29th, 2019.
Associate in Arts in Musical Theatre Audition
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Valencia College East Campus
8:00 a.m. Registration Building 3 Atrium
8:30 a.m. Group meeting/overview of program and expectations
9:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Dance Auditions Performing Arts Center
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. LUNCH BREAK/Vocal Warm-Ups/Leadership discussion.
12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. Acting Auditions I in Black Box Theater, Vocal Auditions I Bandroom 3-126
1:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. BREAK
1:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. Acting Auditions II in Black Box Theater, Vocal Auditions II Bandroom 3-126
3:15 - 5:30 p.m. Additional time if needed
Dance Auditions shall consist of students learning a ballet combination and later a jazz combination. Students will be grouped and then perform. After the ballet portion, students have the option of keeping their shoes on to use for the jazz portion of the audition.
Vocal Auditions should consist of:
- Up tempo selection, 16 bars
- Ballad selection, 16 bars
- Bring a copy of the music, marked
Acting Auditions should consist of:
- Please be prepared to slate with your name and current educational institution and give a simple end slate. (Slates will not be counted into your time limit)
- Auditionee shall fully prepare (2) 1.5 minute monologues, one comedic, and one dramatic. These can come from either Musical or Non-Musical Theater of a modern or contemporary nature (no classical monologues). Monologues shall be fully memorized and presented as a full performance, with the transition between both included in the three minute time slot.