Writing – Reading – Speech – Study Skills
Note: More tip sheets are available at the CSSC (Room 136, Winter Park Campus).
- 2009 APA Format New!
- MLA Documentation Checklist New!
- MLA Format Research Paper Checklist New!
- How to Block Quote New!
- Incorporating Quotations New!
- Incorporating Quotations II New!
- Works Cited: Print Sources New!
- Works Cited: Online Sources New!
- Works Cited: Mixed Media New!
- Abbreviations and Numbers
- Five Punctuation Patterns
- Rules for Capitalization
- Run-ons and Comma Splices
- Sentence Fragments
- Stalking the Wild Preposition
- Basic Essay Structure
- Elements of an Excellent Essay
- Introductions and Conclusions
- Writing Effective Introductions
- The Five Paragraph Essay
- Writing an Outline
- Concrete Language
- Logical Fallacies
- Organizing and Connecting Sentences
- Strategies for Revising Sentences
- Writing Dialogue
Types of Essays
- Types of Essays and Their Methods
- Critical Analysis in the Humanities: Music
- Critical Analysis: Visual Art
- Critical Analysis: Literature
- Literary Research Paper Structure
- What is a Persuasive Essay?
- Elements of Persuasive Writing
- Types of Evidence in Persuasive Writing
- Three Fold Appeals for a Well Rounded Argument
- Graphic Organizer for Argument
- Sample Argument Outline
- Common Patterns of Organization
- Critical Reading
- Making Inferences
- Organizational Patterns in Academic Writing
- Patterns of Organization
- Reading Strategies
- Signal Words Reading
- The Elements of Effective Writing
- Vocabulary Skills