Advanced Manufacturing is a growing industry across Florida and local companies are heavily recruiting skilled workers to fill open positions. Currently, over 12,000 manufacturing companies call our state home and employ more than 331,000 workers.
Explore the diverse roles and responsibilities throughout the manufacturing industry—from using blueprints and assisting with prototypes to building test products and maintaining large-scale production machines and automated systems. This program starts with the basics of developing products to presenting finished pieces of work.
Earn industry-recognized certifications after completing the program and get your start in manufacturing as a computer numerical control (CNC) machinist, to electronic board assembler, welder or industrial maintenance technician.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Electronic Board Assembly
- Industrial Automation Technician (Mechatronics)
- Welding Technology
- Welding Level II
- Provides hands-on learning in just weeks.
- Prepares you to get nationally recognized certifications.
- Offers the chance to network with local employers through the college’s partnerships.
- Utilizes industry-recognized technology in the classroom, benefiting all levels of learning.
- Select Accelerated Skills Training programs provide college credit upon successful completion that can be used towards an A.S. degree from Valencia College.
Have questions or want more information?
Over the next decade, nearly half of the manufacturing employees in Florida are expected to retire—creating thousands of job opportunities for future skilled workers. Employers are seeking individuals—often those who have training beyond high school but less than a degree—who can quickly fill the positions.
Our advanced manufacturing program gives you hands-on experience in your chosen career path, leading to higher pay and career advancement.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machinist
- Electronic Board Assembler
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Robotics Technician