Division of Nursing
Office and Administration
Dean of Nursing
- Dr. Barbara Ake, RN, BSN, MSA, Ed.D
- Marva Devonish, Administrative Assistant
- Daira Bonilla Torres, Administrative Assistant
- Danielle McKinnon, MC, PhD, School of Nursing Coordinator
- Debra Fahey, DNP, FNP-BC, BSN Program Coordinator
- Leann Hudson, DNP, RN, Nursing Clinical Coordinator
Health Science Programs
Associate in Science
The A.S. degree prepares you to enter a specialized career field in about two years. It also transfers to the Bachelor of Applied Science program offered at some universities. If the program is “articulated,” it will also transfer to a B.A. or B.S. degree program at a designated university.
- Nursing Programs
Bachelor of Science
The B.S. degree prepares you to enter an advanced position within a specialized career field. The upper-division courses build on an associate degree and take about two years to complete.
Continuing Education provides non-degree, non-credit programs including industry-focused training, professional development, language courses, certifications and custom course development for organizations. Day, evening, weekend and online learning opportunities are available.
- Graduates of the nursing program for academic year 2015-2016 passed the licensing exam (NCLEX-RN) above 97%, well above state and national averages.
- Job placement of Valencia nursing grads is 97% within 6 months to one year of graduating.
- The nursing division had its reaccreditation site visit Oct. 2015. We received continuing accreditation with a two year follow-up report on one of six standards (due Feb. 2018).