School of Nursing
Office and Administration
Dean of Nursing
- Dr. Barbara Ake, RN, BSN, MSA, Ed.D
|Daira Bonilla Torres||Nursing Office WEC||Admin Asst, Academic Dean||(407) 582-1118|
|Marva Devonish||Nursing Office WEC||Admin Asst, Academic Dean||(407) 582-1566|
|Danielle Mckinnon||Nursing Office WEC||Academic Division Coordinator||(407) 582-1183|
|Kristin Bartholomew||Nutrition WEC||Professor, Nutrition||(407) 582-1465|
|Elizabeth Coleman||Nursing WEC||Professor, Nursing||(407) 582-1555|
|Debra Fahey||Nursing WEC||Professor, Nursing||(407) 582-1739|
|Diane Gomez||Nursing WEC||Professor, Nursing||(407) 582-1571|
|Leann Hudson||Nursing WEC||Professor, Nursing||(407) 582-1827|
Associate in Science
The A.S. degree prepares you to enter a specialized career field in about two years. It also transfers to the Bachelor of Applied Science program offered at some universities. If the program is “articulated,” it will also transfer to a B.A. or B.S. degree program at a designated university.
- Nursing Programs & Chairs
- Diane Gomez, DNP, RN, Administrative Chair
- Elizabeth Coleman, MSN, RN, ASN Program Chair
- Nursing Traditional Program Information (Daytime)
- Nursing Traditional Program Information (Evening/Weekend)
- Nursing, Accelerated Track in Nursing Program Information
Bachelor of Science
The B.S. degree prepares you to enter an advanced position within a specialized career field. The upper-division courses build on an associate degree and take about two years to complete.
- Debra Fahey, DNP, FNP-BC, BSN Program Chair
- Nursing BS Program information
Associate in Arts Transfer Plan
- NUTRITION - AA Degree program and Elective Courses - West and Osceola Campuses
- The A.A. degree in Nutrition and Dietetics will prepare students for transfer to a Florida public university as a junior to complete a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. Valencia also provides Nutrition courses that are available for open enrollment as an elective for interest in personal health and/or fitness. Select Nutrition courses can be used as a required course for Science degree program(s) or Nursing program admission prerequisite. See catalog for more information.
- Kristin Bartholomew, RDN, Nutrition Discipline Coordinator - West Campus, Osceola Campus
Continuing Education provides non-degree, non-credit programs including industry-focused training, professional development, language courses, certifications and custom course development for organizations. Day, evening, weekend and online learning opportunities are available.
- Graduates of the nursing program for academic year 2015-2016 passed the licensing exam (NCLEX-RN) above 97%, well above state and national averages.
- Job placement of Valencia nursing grads is 97% within 6 months to one year of graduating.
- The nursing division had its reaccreditation site visit Oct. 2015. We received continuing accreditation with a two year follow-up report on one of six standards (due Feb. 2018).