School of Nursing
Office and Administration
Dean of Nursing
- Dr. Ruby Alvarez, PhD, MSN, RN
Location, Hours and Contact
- Health Sciences Building (HSB), Room 200
- M-F 8:00am - 5:00 pm
Prospective Nursing students interested in applying to a Nursing Program or have submitted
an application should contact Enrollment Services at 407-582-1507
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the Nursing Programs.
|Laila Morrison||Nursing Office WEC||Admin Asst, Academic Dean||(407) 582-1118|
|Kristin Bartholomew||Nutrition WEC||Professor, Nutrition||(407) 582-1465|
|Diane Gomez||Nursing WEC||Professor, Nursing||(407) 582-1571|
|Diane Reed||Nursing OSC||Professor, Nursing||(407) 582-1828|
Valencia/UCF Concurrent Nursing application: Coming soon! Available June 1st - June 15th, 2021. Check the Admission Checklist and ASN Program Guide below for program requirements.
Associate in Science
The A.S. degree prepares you to enter a specialized career field in about two years. It also transfers to the Bachelor of Applied Science program offered at some universities. If the program is “articulated,” it will also transfer to a B.A. or B.S. degree program at a designated university.
- Nursing Programs & Chairs
- Diane Gomez, DNP, RN, Administrative Chair
- Nursing Traditional Program Information (Daytime)
- Nursing, Valencia/UCF Concurrent A.S.N. to B.S.N. Option
- Important Note: The Valencia College Traditional A.S. Nursing Program requirements applies to the Valencia/UCF Concurrent A.S.N. to B.S.N. Program. The UCF School of Nursing has other requirements. Click on the following link UCF/VC Admission Checklist for the program requirements from both schools. All requirements must be met before submitting a program application.
- Nursing Traditional Program Information (Evening/Weekend)
- Nursing, Accelerated Track in Nursing Program Information
Bachelor of Science - RN to BSN
The RN to BSN degree prepares you to enter an advanced position within a specialized career field. The upper-division courses build on an associate degree and take about two years to complete.
- Diane Reed, PhD, MSN, MBA, BSN Program Chair
- Nursing BS Program information
Associate in Arts Transfer Plan
- NUTRITION - AA Degree program and Elective Courses - West and Osceola Campuses
- The A.A. degree in Nutrition and Dietetics will prepare students for transfer to a Florida public university as a junior to complete a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. Valencia also provides Nutrition courses that are available for open enrollment as an elective for interest in personal health and/or fitness. Select Nutrition courses can be used as a required course for Science degree program(s) or Nursing program admission prerequisite. See catalog for more information.
- Kristin Bartholomew, RDN, Nutrition Discipline Coordinator - West Campus, Osceola Campus
Continuing Education provides non-degree, non-credit programs including industry-focused training, professional development, language courses, certifications and custom course development for organizations. Day, evening, weekend and online learning opportunities are available.
- Graduates of Valencia College School of Nursing program (NCLEX) pass rate for 2020: 91.33%
- Job placement of Valencia School of Nursing graduates for 2020: 99% (FETPIP data)
- School of Nursing program graduates completion rate for 2020: 99%
- Valencia College SON is fully accredited by ACEN since 1976. Last Commission action July 2018. Next site visit Fall 2023.