East Campus Calculator Policy
Every semester, the Math Department loans calculators to students enrolled in an East Campus Math course.
If available, a calculator for use in a math course may be loaned to a student on for a short term basis as determined by the East Campus Math Department. The student must agree to all of the following terms of agreement, including:
- Calculators are to be returned to the Math Department Office by the last date of the semester. No calculators will be lent for a period longer than one semester. Also, no calculator can be kept later than the last day of exams during the same semester it is lent to the student. If the student drops, withdrawals, or no longer attends class, the calculator must be returned immediately.
- The student understands and agrees that failure to return calculator by the date listed above will result in a charge to the student for a new “replacement” calculator which is $150.00. A hold will be placed on the student’s records and registration until the college has been reimbursed for the “replacement” calculator or until the original calculator is returned.
- Calculators must be in good working condition when returned. If the borrowed calculator has been lost, damaged, or stolen, the student must pay for a new “replacement” calculator.
Math Department Calculator Fee Payment Instructions:
If the calculator has not been returned to the Math Department at the end of the semester, a hold will be placed on the student's account. To remove the hold on the student’s account, the student must choose one of the following options:
- Return the calculator to the Math Department in 7-142.
- Bring a new or used TI-83 or TI-84 to the Math Department in 7-142.
- Pay a $150 fee. The fee should be processed in the Business Office.
Location and Hours
- 701 N Econlockhatchee Trail
Bldg 7, Rm 142
Orlando, FL 32825
- Monday - Thursday: 8am to 4:30pm Friday: 8am to 4:30pm