Students will need to do the following to enroll at the Poinciana Campus
Steps to Enroll
Create Your Atlas Account
Complete the online New Student Orientation (sign up at the My Atlas tab in Atlas) and attend the face-to-face New Student Orientation (sessions will be offered in Poinciana)
Pay for your classes (log into Atlas to see your tuition bill)
Get your student ID card (at the Poinciana Campus Security) and parking decal (in Atlas)
Get your textbooks (books will be distributed at the Poinciana Campus) and go to class
First Time In College Students
Students who are attending college for the first time will need to do the following to enroll at the Poinciana Campus:
- Review the course packages for your intended program degree and major, and select an option that best fits your schedule. Both full-time and part-time options are offered in the morning, afternoon, evening, and weekends.
- Review the upcoming events list and attend one of our Application Days offered in Poinciana. You can also go to the Osceola Campus located at 1800 Denn John Lane, Kissimmee during regular business hours for assistance. You will need to complete the Valencia application form and the FAFSA.
- Follow the Steps to Enrollment to complete your registration. You should be prepared to enroll in a course package at the New Student Orientation.
If you need more information about Course Packages, or if you have any Poinciana Campus related questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com
Course Package Options
Students who are enrolling in college for the first time or dual enrollment students can elect to choose from a variety of Associate in Arts and Associate in Science course packages at the Poinciana Campus. Course packages are offered in a variety of scheduling options and they contain all the courses that students need to complete their degree from start to finish at Valencia.
Course Package Schedule
Guided Course Pathways
Students who have already been taking classes at Valencia have two enrollment options:
- To enroll in a course package (if you have taken two semesters of coursework or less), call 407-582-4980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register directly in Atlas for our single course offerings.
Please check with your Academic Advisor or contact a Poinciana Student Services Advisor if you have questions or concerns about your degree and/or classes.
Senior Citizen Students
Students who are classified as a Florida resident for tuition purposes age 60 years or older are eligible for Valencia's tuition waiver up to a maximum of 6 credit hours per term. The waiver includes tuition and standard course fees. The Application for Admission fee and any special fee associated with a course will be the responsibility of the individual requesting the waiver. Registration using this waiver is limited to "audit" only; classes may not be taken for grades or academic credit. Registration for any class is limited to "space availability," and will only be allowed after the date listed in the Important Dates and Deadlines Calendar in the online official catalog. Internships and independent study classes are excluded from the waiver. To use the waiver, the senior citizen must register and, on the day of registration, visit a campus Business Office with documentation of age, such as a driver's license, and request the Senior Citizen Waiver. Any special fees must be paid at that time.
Note: If you register for the course prior to the allowed registration period, or are given a capacity override, you will not be eligible to use the waiver for the course, even if the course is dropped from your record.