Intensive English Program (IEP)
Valencia College provides an onsite intensive English program for students ages 15 and above. We accept students at all language levels from beginner to advanced. Students interested in a degree at Valencia who need to improve their English can start with the Intensive English Program (IEP) and then transfer into a Valencia degree program.
The Intensive English Program (IEP) is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) which is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency for English Language Programs and institutions in the U.S. Achieving accreditation through the CEA requires meeting certain standards. Accreditation is not an easy process, and CEA-accredited programs are among the best, not only in the U.S.A but also worldwide.
- Excellent location in Central Florida with year-round warm temperatures.
- Students can study on a tourist or student visa depending on their educational goals.
- Students of all language proficiency levels are accepted.
- Accelerated pace of learning thanks to the schedule and course design.
- Diverse student population from over 50 countries.
- Assistance from an advisor in transferring into a degree program at Valencia College or elsewhere.
- Valencia College graduates with an A.A. degree are guaranteed acceptance into one of eleven state universities in Florida.
- Learn real-world English.
- Practice in all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Improve your fluency, pronunciation, and grammatical accuracy.
- Instructors speak only English in the classroom at all levels of instruction.
- Gain a greater ability to understand native speakers by learning about American culture.
The program is located on West and Osceola Campuses. With supportive staff, highly trained instructors, state of the art facilities, and cultural events, students start learning and improving their English from day one.
- F-1 Student Visas.
- Nine levels from low beginner through high advanced.
- New start date every two months.
- Based on their level, students can study in the program from two months to one year and a half.
- Classes meet daily.
- Hours : 9:00am-1:30pm with a 30-minute break.
- Free conversation hour.
- Free internet access.
- A variety of social and cultural activities.
- One week off every seven weeks with three-day weekends every two weeks.
Students are placed in the program based on the results of a computer-based assessment. This placement test includes listening, speaking, short answer, and written portions and is taken the week before class starts.
- Each level lasts seven weeks with 4.5 hours of classes each day.
- Students must pass the level before moving to the next one.
- Each level cover different objectives and topics with increased difficulty.
|IEP Level 1 Low Beginner||IEP Level 4 Low Intermediate||IEP Level 7 Low Advanced|
|IEP Level 2 Mid Beginner||IEP Level 5 Mid Intermediate||IEP Level 8 Mid Advanced|
|IEP Level 3 High Beginner||IEP Level 6 High Intermediate||IEP Level 9 High Advanced|
Passing grades: A, B & C.
A = 100-90%
B = 89-80%
C = 79-70%
F = 69-0%
Please note that books must be purchased before the start of classes and are not included in the tuition. They are available for sale at the Valencia Online Bookstore.
All of the information you need in order to buy books will be provided to you in your Registration Confirmation, including course title, book title, and store location.