- Students will be able to explain how knowledge is constructed in a discipline, and when applicable contribute to the body of knowledge in a discipline.
- Students will apply strategies for critical thinking, reflective thinking, effective reasoning, and creativity.
- Students will demonstrate practical competencies and skills in specific areas such as project management (e.g., creating specific, measurable goals, maintaining a timeline, accountability, acquiring resources, etc.), effective communication, collaboration, self-assessment, professionalism, and commitment to ethics.
- Students will be able to identify careers related to field of interest; prospects for external internships or university-level research upon transfer; and, applications for careers or professional/graduate schools.
List of Courses with Embedded Undergraduate Research
- CHM2211 - Organic Chemistry II, taught by Prof. Vasudha Sharma
- CHM2211 - Organic Chemistry II, taught by Prof. Laura Sessions
- ECO2013 - Macroeconomics, taught by Prof. Tarteashia Harris
- EDF2005 - Intro to the Teaching Profession, taught by Prof. Jane Maguire
- HUM2220 - Humanities Greek/Roman, taught by Prof. Matt Koval
- PSY2930 - Cognitive Psychology, taught by Prof. Melonie Sexton
- STA2023 - Statistical Methods, taught by Prof. Katie Pridemore
Research at UCF
There are several programs designed for students who are transferring to UCF. Check out their TRI page if you are interested in learning more: https://our.ucf.edu/prospective/tri/
If you are interested in completing an independent research project and working one-on-one with a faculty member in your discipline, please contact the Undergraduate Research Coordinator: UR@valenciacollege.edu