- To focus on the next five years
- To be realistic and to present short range goals.
- To be honest
- To plan and/or reflect on how to make students successful.
- Formed a partnership with UCF: The CORE Program.
- Brought the Nursing Program to Osceola Campus.
- Offered more variety and number of courses.
- Expanded facilities and resources: LRC, Smart Classroom, Building Two, Ground Breaking of Building Three, Clock Tower, Entrance to 192, Fitness Center, etc.
- Great faculty involvement: Faculty to Faculty, Destinations, Focus on the Workplace.
- ATLAS, Banner and GroupWise successfully implemented.
- Greater community involvement through boards and other programs.
- Developed a good image in the community.
- Membership in more college wide committees and councils.
We need to be explicit that our main job is to fulfill Valencia's overall mission but it is also clear that we have a special role in this community. Aspects of that role include:
- To create broader and better educational opportunities
- To help create a better economic environment
- To serve as an important cultural resource for the community
In terms of our distinctive role within the college as a whole, Osceola Campus has an opportunity to serve as:
- A campus which provides diverse learning opportunities to a diverse population.
- A laboratory for testing new ideas and practices.
- A campus that measures its success by how well its students learn.
Our Goals and Objectives:
- Open Building 3
- Design, plan and assist in finding the funding for our future LRC building.
- Do a better forecasting of student enrollment at the campus.
- Explore and enhance our partnerships with higher education entities.
- Expand the A.S. degree programs.
- Expand and enhance the quality of our science labs.
- Expand the Honors Program at the Osceola Campus.
- Expand resources available to faculty, staff and students in the LRC.
- Provide more specific and effective academic leadership at the campus (hire a Dean).
- Provide users with the necessary staff development to maximize the utilization of the technology available at the campus.
- Offer to the community at least one cultural event in the next year.
- Asses the Math exit exam as a predictor of success in the next level of Math.
- Create a better assessment instrument(s) for ENC 1101.
- Develop and assess (direct student learning)mixed-mode learning program.
- Bring courses to make accessible baccalaureate degrees in Osceola County/Campus.
- Expand our offerings within the AA degree.
- Offer faculty development opportunities (F2F).
- Create articulated and accessible programs leading to degrees beyond the AA.
Osceola Campus Members Present:
- Marie Brady
- Stephanie Freuler
- Tim Grogan
- Donna Haskins
- Chris Klinger
- Jenni Campbell
- Linda Swaine
- Silvia Zapico